There are about twenty different ways to decorate your easter eggs. Depending on whether you’re using an authentic hard-boiled egg or a fancy crystal egg, these methods may vary. Many people who do not wish to put much effort into the decorations simply tie silk ribbons on their eggs. However, the most common and the most effective technique to dye your Easter eggs is to use shaving cream.
Things You Need:
You can bring out the best and most colorful results with only a few household items. Here’s a list of things you would need beforehand.
- Marbleized Easter eggs/hard-boiled eggs
- A can of foam or regular shaving cream
- A baking sheet
- Food color/dye of your choice
The Dyeing Process
- Step 1: Spread out your baking sheet on a neat table to avoid making a mess.
- Step 2: Apply an inch-thick layer of shaving cream/foam/whipped cream to the baking sheet and spread it evenly.
- Step 3: Take the dye you’re using and create a design of your preference on the sheet of cream. If you don’t consider yourself particularly artistic, you could randomly drop the color onto the cream and use a toothpick to swirl it around and make attractive patterns.
- Step 4: Now, carefully pick up your Easter eggs and carefully place them on the baking sheet. Make sure to wear gloves to avoid any stains. Gently roll the eggs around in the cream to coat them thoroughly.
- Step 5: Once done, place the eggs somewhere they remain stationary and let them dry for about 20 minutes.
- Step 6: Wipe the excessive cream off the eggs using paper towels.
These were the six easy steps for colorful Easter eggs. You can also use various other handy ingredients to paint your Easter eggs. Vegetable oil, baking soda, and fruit dyes are just a few examples.
There are various ways to dye your Easter eggs but using shaving cream is probably the quickest and the most colorful way. All you would need to do is use dye to create patterns in a layer of shaving cream and then coat your eggs in the latter. After twenty minutes of drying, you would be all set to have a colorful and hassle-free Easter.